Unit: Welcome to French Class!
Week Summary: This week, students will be getting acquainted with french class, and realizing that they know more than they think they do!
Students will be able to introduce themselves: Students will pass around “Fred” to practice giving their names, and the names of others.
Students will understand course expectations: Students will review the syllabus.
Students will help create a positive classroom culture: Students will participate in icebreaker activities
Students will be able to use familiar, practiced vocabulary: Students will spell out French countries
Answer the following questions about yourself in complete sentences with detail
1. What is your name and grade? Do you prefer to be called something else?
2. Where are you from?
3. What are your favorite school subjects? Least favorite?
4. What hobbies or jobs do you have outside of the school day?
5. If you could change 1 thing about school, what would it be?
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
7. What would you be disappointed by if we did not do it in French 1?
8. Why are you taking French 1? What are your goals?
Students will be able to introduce themselves: Students will give their names as they enter the classroom
Students will be able to recognize cognates: Students will complete the following worksheet
Students will be able to use familiar vocabulary: Students will spell out their own names and the names of a partner